Monday, March 22, 2010

Ho Hum Monday

MAJOR headache today!!  So much for my motivation...  I stayed hopped up on Advil all day and it just barely kept me going.  I did manage to get a little painting done though (remember, the painting project I talked about here and here).  This is truly the room from hell when it comes to painting!  It seems to never end.  I wish I had kept track of how many hours I've spent on that thing, and I'm STILL not done! 

I forgot to share this picture with you in my Spring Break Recap post...we passed this place on our way out of Austin in route to Brenham.

 

Matt said he wanted some "Pho King noodles"!  (Ha!!  Think about it...)

Not a very exciting Monday, but I DO have a few foodie things to share.  First, for my snack today I ate two of these really yummy cookies I made this weekend.


Just your basic chocolate chip cookie recipe except that I substituted coconut oil for the butter/shortening.  I also added a little bit of oatmeal to make a more dense cookie and added walnuts to the last batch for me.  My daughter is severely allergic to nuts, but I love them - go figure.  I was a little scared with the coconut oil substitution, but I soon figured out they would turn out okay based on the kids begging to eat the dough!  They couldn't leave it alone!  Actually, neither could I!  The cookies were FABULOUS!!  Matt didn't care for them because he said he could taste the coconut, but the kids and I loved them so much that we canceled out his vote.  Hee hee!

I kind of cheated for dinner tonight.  I very rarely buy pre-made meals, but the other day I went grocery shopping at Sprouts (my new favorite place!) and they had a pre-made meatloaf in their meat department.  The price wasn't bad at all, not much more than you would pay for the ground beef alone, and when I looked at the ingredients they were all familiar to me so I decided to give it a try.  All I had to do was bake it for 40 minutes so it was a really easy dinner.  During that 40 minutes I made a new side dish - cornbread pancakes.  I don't know why I've never done this before because they were a hit with everyone.  I used the recipe on the Jiffy box.


The meatloaf was really good too!  I will buy that again for sure.  Here is my dinner plate - I threw a few Brussels sprouts in the oven with the meatloaf even though no one else eats them.


I'm going to finish my Chai tea now and then off to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment