Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Beautiful Day

Today started like many others, with a bowl of oatmeal my usual way.  Nothing exciting there.  My daughter had an appointment right before lunch so Matt and I picked her up from school, went to the appointment and then took her to lunch at Chipotle (her choice) before returning her to the classroom.  It's always nice to see the kids during the school/work day!

I came home from work tonight and immediately went out for a run.  It was a beautiful day, so I didn't even think twice about it!  Yay!!  Instant motivation!  For the first time since I ran my first half marathon (the Austin Marathon on Valentine's Day), it was a good run and felt great!  No sore spots - my shins and knees felt great - and I wasn't constantly checking my mileage or looking forward to being done.  I just enjoyed it and I can't tell you how relieved I am about that!

Dinner was quick and easy tonight.  Because we had such a big lunch, neither Matt or I were very hungry so I just threw some pork chops on the grill and made a nice salad.

I tried my spinach trick again with the hot pork chops.  The salad was made of mixed spring greens, grapefruit, oranges, avocado, cucumber, almonds, and feta cheese with a dressing of balsamic vinegar, juice from the fruit, and evoo.

After dinner, I got back to work on my painting project (more of that weather-induced motivation, I guess).  I'm painting our game room upstairs.  All I had left after working on it this weekend was the trim.  I already had the taping done, so just needed to take a brush to it.  Oh. My. Gosh.  This is way more work than I realized, and I'm no stranger to painting! I worked on it all evening and didn't even get through half of it.  There are SO many edges and one color needs at least 2 coats!  You'll see when I finally finish and post pictures.  Here's a teaser, since you obviously won't get to see the finished product for several more days...

See that red?  Yeah...it ended up on my beige carpet.  That's when you know it's time to quit painting for the night!  Luckily, I caught it quickly so I was able to get most of it out.

Now, I'm enjoying my first cup of green matcha tea before I go to bed.

Since I've never had it before I tried it plain.  I didn't really care for it that way so, as I suspected I would, I ended up making a green matcha tea latte by adding some honey and cream.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment