Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday!

We had a little celebration last night, but today is actually Matt's birthday.  Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband!

 

For his birthday dinner tonight, we had one of his favorite dishes - Mussels in Saffron White Wine Sauce.  He's a seafood lover, so he usually requests some sort of seafood.  Here's how it all started...

 

...and here's how it ended up...


While I prepared dinner tonight, I was admiring how pretty my veggie drawer looks after a couple of trips to the store this weekend.  It's so nice and colorful, I just had to take a picture!


For the past few months, I've been trying really hard to incorporate more vegetables into our meals.  There are very few vegetables that Matt will eat (and actually enjoy) and the kids aren't much better, so I'm trying to get creative (read: sneaky).  

Hopefully you'll be seeing more of these beauties later in the week!  I can't wait to dig into them!

Did you know it's National Procrastination Week?  Cool!  That means I can procrastinate all week and not feel guilty?  :)  Well, I would say I started off pretty good then because I really didn't do anything productive other than work and make dinner.  I also had a really bad headache all day, so I wasn't extremely motivated to do much else.  There's always tomorrow, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment