Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Asparagus "Tips"

It was a busy day at work today, which is a good thing because I stayed up SO late last night that I probably would have fallen asleep if I didn't have anything to keep me occupied. 


This was my lackluster lunch - a Lean Cuisine (Fiesta Chicken).  It really wasn't bad, and I ate it with some chips and salsa.  Not sure why, but I was craving chips and salsa today.  I love these chips:


It was only about an hour after lunch and I was ready for a snack.  I had a Pecan Pie Larabar in my desk.  It's been sitting there for a while because I really wasn't sure if I would like it.  I've tried the Cherry Pie Larabar and really like it, but it's pretty tart.  The pecan pie version was just sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.  It was good - I like this flavor!


If you haven't tried these before, you should.  They have tons of different flavors and most of them contain only 3-5 ingredients (usually just fruit and nuts), they get their sweetness from dates.  I can't wait to try more flavors!

As I mentioned before I stayed up way too late last night, and for no good reason other than I just wasn't ready to go to bed.  I got about 5 hours of sleep.  On days like this, I'm not going to beat myself up too much about a lack of motivation.  I NEED MY SLEEP!  Since I knew a run was out of the question, when I got home the first thing I did was pour a beer to drink while I cooked dinner - Fat Tire, my fave! 


I got a phone call this afternoon from a sweet little boy who asked me to make his favorite thing for dinner tonight...hamburger steak with gravy.  How could I resist?  I also made roasted asparagus to satisfy the veggie "requirement".  :)


The whole family likes asparagus, but we usually eat the tips and leave the rest of the stalk.  Since I started making Green Monsters, I don't even bother cooking the stalks anymore. 


I roast the top third, toss the bottom third, and save the middle to put in my GMs.  It makes me feel good to put more of the asparagus to use and make it go further.  That's my asparagus "tip", pun intended.


Yes, paper plates...again!  I'm really bad about that, but after working all day sometimes I just don't want to deal with dirty dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment