Saturday, March 27, 2010

Girls Night Out!

This Saturday morning was very productive!  I was motivated by a few things - 1) I have a lot of things to get done before this afternoon; and 2) the house is clean and my kitchen is organized.  Well, not totally organized, but having the pantry done makes a huge difference.  Having a clean and organized work space is really energizing to me!

I have some bananas that are getting too ripe, so I peeled them and bagged them up to put in the freezer.  I have plans for these later...


Tonight I have big plans with a group of girlfriends!  About 3 or 4 times a year we have a slumber party where we eat, drink, talk, watch videos, stay up late and just have lots of fun!  We each bring something to snack on and something to drink.  Lately I've noticed in our emails that all of us are either trying to exercise more or eat better to shed some winter pounds so I decided to make something healthy.  I have a rainbow of veggies all cut into "sticks" for easy dipping!

Celery, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, yellow and red bell peppers.

I made regular and red pepper hummus for dipping and I also have some pita bread to take (hmm...wouldn't that make a good pita sandwich? Yum!).


I can't wait to dig in to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment