Monday, February 22, 2010

Moody Monday

Today was a really yucky Monday for me.  Have you ever had a day where you wake up and wish you were sick so you could just stay in bed all day and not feel guilty about it?  That was me today...pretty sad, huh?  Well, I drug my behind out of bed and went to work, but was irritable and impatient all day.  I thought of several things I could do this evening to get out of the rut and end the day on a higher note - go for a run, do our taxes (wait, that might not have the desired effect!), or get started on a home project I've been meaning to do.  In the end, I decided that it's ok to be unmotivated once in a while so I did absolutely nothing!  And I'm ok with that. 

As far as food goes, it was a day of repeats.  Had my normal oatmeal and coffee for breakfast then some greek yogurt and a bagel with almond butter for lunch.  Luckily, no one was really hungry tonight so everyone was left to fend for themselves for dinner.

One thing I can share with you, however, is the bread I made last night.  It wasn't ready for dinner because of my poor planning, so it didn't make it into yesterday's post.  I came across a recipe for No-Knead Ciabatta Bread with a very helpful video.  I'm so glad I stumbled upon this recipe on the Food Wishes blog by Chef John and I can't wait to check out more of his great looking recipes! 

 

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the dough before this stage, but you can see it in Chef John's video and mine looked just as he said it should.  This is a very easy recipe and would be great for people who may not be comfortable working with bread dough.  I LOVE to bake bread and do it often so I have gotten past the intimidation stage, but believe me it took some practice!

This made one BIG loaf of bread!  We're still eating it tonight dipped in some extra virgin olive oil and spices.  YUM!




Thank goodness "Moody Monday" is almost over.  Tomorrow I'm hoping for a "Terrific (not Terrible) Tuesday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment