Friday, February 26, 2010

Leftover Makeover

My day wasn't too exciting except for the fact that it's FRIDAY!!  It was a long hard week and I was ready for it to end.  So I guess I will say I was motivated to get the week over with. :D

When I get home on Fridays, usually the last thing I want to do is cook a full blown dinner.  We had some leftover pork tenderloin and veggies from last night so they got a makeover!

 

A Frittata is a wonderful thing!  You can put almost anything in it for a very satisfying meal.  I diced the pork, warmed it up the veggies, and then sprinkled parmesan cheese over the top.  I poured two beaten eggs over the top and cooked on medium low, covered, until done.  At the end I topped it with Monterrey Jack cheese.

I made a special trip to the liquor store tonight to get some sake, called Moonstone Raspberry Sake, that I recently tried at a restaurant.  It was SO good, like a really light and crisp white wine with just the essence of raspberry but not sweet at all.  They didn't have the raspberry but they had plum, so I gave it a try.

  

WAY too sweet for me!  Ugh!  But if you like really fruity and sweet drinks, then you should give this a try. 

I poured out the sake and settled for a Fat Tire - my beer of choice!



I've got some fun foodie things planned for the weekend, so stay tuned!  :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment