Friday, February 19, 2010

Big Ol' Meatballs

Today started with a ho hum bowl of oatmeal.  I forgot to make my steel cut oats last night so had to settle for rolled oats instead. :( What a difference!  I won't forget tonight.

As I headed to one of my mid morning meetings I heard the scary news that someone flew a plane into a nearby office building (seriously, just a couple of miles away).  Wow...flashes of 9/11 went through my mind and it was happening in my town!  Things settled down pretty quickly as the story of a disgruntled tax payer came out.  I'm just so glad that there weren't more people hurt.

It was such a nice day, I had to get out for lunch.  I went into a place I've just walked by many times before - The Steeping Room.
I grabbed a Turkey BLT on ciabatta bread with basil mayo and a side salad to go.  It was yummy!  I couldn't resist the Starbucks next door and had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet, so I grabbed an Iced Chai Latte too!
 
It was a busy afternoon, but I like it that way.  It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something and makes the day go by faster.  I had a quick snack in between conference calls to give me some energy for the run I had planned later in the afternoon.
 
This is only my third Greek yogurt experience and it's really starting to grow on me.  It was already flavored with honey, but I couldn't resist drizzling a little extra on top!  
 
The whole way home from work I was already thinking of excuses not to run.  Believe me, it took some motivation to actually come home and get my running clothes on and get out there.  I just set my mind to it and didn't give myself any other options.
I know...not a very long run or a very fast run.  But I just finished a half marathon on Sunday!!!  Just that measly 2 miles were much harder than I thought they would be.  I was satisfied to just get out there and do something after taking a few days off.  

Now for the finale...

I made some BIG OL' MEATBALLS for dinner!  Washed them down with a nice Pinot Noir, and called it a day!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment