Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ahhh...Saturday...

It was a great Saturday!  I woke up at a decent hour (before 8:30) and we immediately started getting some chores out of the way.  Well...ok...after a cup of coffee and some SCO!
 
I have a secret about the coffee.  I've been sneaking coconut oil in it for a while now.  Matt doesn't seem to care for things cooked in coconut oil so I have to find some way to get that healthy goodness into him!  :)  If you've never heard about the benefits of coconut oil, you should really check it out.  There's a huge difference between the hydrogenated crap and extra virgin, unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil.

Getting out of bed and getting dressed at a decent time is a key motivator for me.  I got so many things done this morning instead plopping down on the couch in front of the TV. 

We ate a quick lunch, mostly leftovers, and then headed out to run a few errands.  I picked up these candle holders for the bedroom.
 
Not exactly what I want, but they were really cheap so they'll make due for now until I find something more sparkly!

After a quick stop at Whole Foods (LOVE that place!), we took the kids to the bookstore and just hung out for a while.  We browsed through some books and had some drinks - one of my favorite things to do with the family on the weekends!

By the time we got home it was time for dinner.  I have had this weird craving lately for vegetables of all kinds. 

In one corner we have acorn squash and beets roasted in that wonderful coconut oil and then glazed with honey.  In the other corner we have asparagus and mushrooms brushed with olive oil and spices and a pat of butter.

While I was cooking, I had a glass on Pinot Noir.  I love to have a nice glass of wine while I cook.  I really like this one...

 Dinner was yummy!  I grilled some chicken and made some short grain brown rice to serve with the overabundance of veggies.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment